This is a soup you need in you life. True statement here: I have been eating this for lunch or dinner every single day for 8 days straight. And I’m not bored yet. AND I made it because I wanted to flood myself with some goodness (and I was feeling pretty bloated) and am happy to report it is pure magic. Honestly.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 T minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper rings
- 1 cup broccoli stems, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, sliced
- 1 14 ounce can rotel tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups of kale, stemmed and chopped
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil. Add 1/2 amount of garlic, mushrooms and red onion. Sautee until onion is translucent.
- Throw in carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in other 1/2 garlic and pepper rings and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in green beans and broccoli and cook for another minute.
- Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over med-low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add in kale and cook for 5 more minutes (it will wilt)
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
See below for all the beautiful vegetables that are part of this deliciousness! Be sure to throw in your own favourites or what you have in your own vegetable drawer. You can’t go wrong.
This really is good, ya’ll. And it just keeps getting better. It also gives your body so many things it wants.
Please give it a try!
Before I go. . .
You can work out at home with my Videos
Connect with me on Insta
Grab your own MDMat
Subscribe Below to get new posts right to your Inbox