If you know me at all and anything about my cooking and meal planning you know that I adore my crock pot. One of the best things about the Fall and Winter Seasons is bringing out my crock pot at least once a week. It is heaven! I have some staple recipes in my rotation that I can always safely and quickly fall on for the busy days and know my people will be full and happy.
However, I’m branching out from my tried and true and adding these three recipes to the mix. If you love a crock pot as much as I or if you haven’t discovered the special kind of joy of coming into a kitchen and have dinner magically prepared and ready, then you might want to try one or ALL of these!
1. FAST FAJITAS
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup dry minced onion
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup low sugar grape jelly
- Little under ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and gently whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine (only use ¼ cup hot sauce at this point. Add more at the end.).
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some Honey Buffalo Sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining Sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot sauce. Keep warm until serving.
**This one is a HUGE hit with my boys**
3. CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
- 2 lbs. small potatoes, quartered
- 1 Vidalia yellow onion, quartered
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced into 2-3 inch pieces
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken breasts OR whatever chicken pieces you prefer
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 sprigs rosemary, stems removed, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the potatoes, onions, and carrots in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Sprinkle generously with pepper. Stir in cloves of garlic and half of the fresh herbs.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with pepper then nestle them in with the potatoes and carrots. Pour the olive oil evenly over top, followed by the lemon juice and rest of the herbs. Place the lemon slices over top.
- Cook on high for four hours or on low for 8 hours. When the chicken is finished, remove the sliced lemon, squeezing it out a bit if you want extra lemony flavor. Preheat the broiler and place the chicken on a pan under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately with the vegetables.
*Your kitchen will smell amazing with this one!!