Here it comes – what you’ve been waiting for all week long – THE WEEKEND! If you’ve been following with the Refresh & Reboot Program I hope you are feeling great going into the weekend. You’ve been eating clean, staying away from the junk food and processed stuff and perhaps moving a little more or in different ways than usual. Great job getting to this point . . . .but let’s start thinking about how we are going to continue making progress over the weekend.
Let’s make a plan. Think about what you have going on. Parties? Family dinners? Barbecues? Cocktail hour? Sporting events? I have some tips to help you have fun, enjoy your weekend and not blow your week of healthy habits. The weekend is a time to relax, kick back and enjoy yourself.
Tips For A Healthy Weekend
1. Find time to exercise. Start off the day Saturday morning with a workout. That will set the pace for your day and keep you thinking about treating yourself well.
2. Order 2 appetizers or small plates when out to dinner. Oftentimes, when out to dinner, I will order a couple of appetizers, or a salad and an appetizer rather than a whole entree. That way you get to taste a couple of things on the menu, but keep your portion sizes under control.
3. Keep an eye on the alcohol. Alcohol can be such a calorie bomb and also reduces your inhibitions so you might think those snacks, chips and dip or whatever look much better than they actually are. (you know what I mean!) Another option is to make the cocktails lighter. Stay away from the sugary margaritas and fruity cocktails. Wine can be made into a wine spritzer to save some calories and stretch it out.
4. Don’t let a cheat or treat turn into a full blown cheat day. Have your treat or your delicious meal that is so worth the calories. Savor it and enjoy. Then move on. Don’t let it turn into an entire day of eating any and everything not in your own best interest.
5. Make time to rest and relax over the weekend! Take a nap, read a book, do something for yourself to reenergize yourself and give yourself some love.
6. Continue to eat mostly like you have during the week. Continue to make good choices!
7. Use the weekend to do your food shopping, planning and prepping for the upcoming week.
8. Don’t be a total slug on Sunday. Get outside. Get moving. Whether it’s a structured workout, a walk, playing a round of golf or doing yard work, do something active out of doors before the grind of Monday morning hits.
Continue following the Refresh & Reboot Program incorporating clean eating and healthy choices into your daily life. Continue making it your own lifestyle!
I’d love to hear if you followed along this week and what worked for you or didn’t work for you. How are you feeling? Lighter? More fit? More energized?
Check out the Refresh & Reboot Page if you are interested in following along for Week 2 and more!