Looks like there will be more of this going on. . .
I adapted Danielle Walker’s CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES from her newest cookbook, AGAINST ALL GRAIN. I left out the raisins and used Almond Flour instead of Coconut Flour. Other than that I followed her directions and loved the result.
Don’t they look yummy?
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
(recreated from Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain cookbook)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted (because I only had Almond Flour I substituted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins or chopped pecans (optional) (I opted out of both of these. I was taking them to a group and wasn’t sure about any nut allergies, and any leftovers with raisins would not be appreciated by my boys)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (also known as creamed coconut)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, softened
- 1 Tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat the eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds, or use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, spices, and salt and beat again to combine fully. Fold in the carrots and, if desired, the raisins or pecans.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving or frosting.
- For the frosting, combine all of the ingredients in a small food processor or in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth. If the frosting is too thin, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then beat again. Top with the shredded coconut.
I used mini muffin cups so they were the perfect size for a sweet, Fall treat.
HOPE you try!
What has your week looked like? What photos would best represent your week?
Have a GREAT FRIDAY!