Browned Butter Flounder
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge fish in flour. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Return pan to medium heat. Add butter; cook 45 seconds or until butter begins to brown. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Place butter mixture in a small bowl.
- 3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add snap peas; sauté 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, mint, and rind.
The side is browned rice mixed with some roasted pecans and a sauteed leek.
Sounds pretty good to me. We’ll be the guinea pigs and I’ll let you know the outcome!
So, how do you begin your day? If you “mess up” do you start right over or do you blow out the rest of the day? What’s your favorite Healthy Choice? And you you use probiotics? That’s my next topic so I’m asking around . . . .
Have a fun day . . .and a healthy one!!