I will warn you, it is pretty spicy, so if that’s not to your liking, you may want to do without the jalepeno pepper . . .
Spicy Black Bean Soup
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 links cajun chicken sausage, chopped
* 1/2 onion, finely chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
* 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 canned chipotle chile plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
* 4 cups chicken broth
* Sliced green onions, for serving
Cumin Lime Sour Cream:
* 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* Juice of 1/2 a lime
Mix all ingredients together until blended.
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onions, garlic and jalapeno and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the black beans, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and broth and simmer for 25 minutes or so for all the flavors to blend. Then I took half of the soup and blended it in the VitaMixer. You can use a blender or immersion blender for this also. I mixed the blended portion back with the unmixed portion in the pot.
Keep Warm until ready to serve. Top with sour cream mixture and any other toppings.
Hope this keeps you warm and toasty!
Tomorrow is the last day to comment to win the Kristin McGee DVD! Don’t Forget! And the 8 Week Challenge Begins on Monday!! Let me know if you are interested! So much going on here! Ha!
And I saw this and had to share . . .
Have some Fun today!