That is why I found myself alone in my livingroom on this Saturday afternoon into early evening decorating our tree for the second time. While the first time around it was quite festive with music playing and everyone gathered together finding the perfect spot for their ornaments, the second time around was simply me, some tunes from my IPhone and exhausting.
My consolation was the thought of a cup of creamy Christmasy egg nog. The thought sent me straight to the computer looking for the perfect recipe that would be tasty but not make me regret it later. Did you know a glass of normal eggnog can set you back up to 400 calories? No thank you!
So, I did the research and looked through several recipes and have the one I think is the best. thanks to SkinnyMom I am enjoying a little reward and it is just perfect! Thank you Brooke! It’s so good I’ve got to share it with you. Let me know if you try it and what you think! The best thing is I’ll bet you have everything in your kitchen right now!
SKINNY EGG NOG
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 small package sugar-free, fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 6 no-calorie sweetener packets, or Splenda
- 1 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until mixed thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow eggnog to thicken.
- Top with Cool Whip Free, cinnamon, and use a cinnamon stick as a stirrer (optional)