If you’ve run any kind of race you know there are lots of things racing through your mind standing at the starting line. I’m always a little nervous or anxious and completely depend on adrenaline for a lot of the “umph”. My husband sent me the following list of things half marathon runners will be thinking before the race. Therefore, I take no credit for this list. it is not my original thoughts; however, I will say I agree with them. Although, I would have to say I would put number 2 in first place!
- Here. We. Go!
- I think I have to pee.
- If I finish before the van, I’ll be happy.
- Take it step by step.
- Speed up or get out of the way!
- It’s just a walk in the park…
- …Only 13.1 more miles.
- Did I feed the dogs before I left the house?
- Relax and enjoy the race.
- I can’t believe I’m here and doing this. I’m not the person I used to be. . . I’m awesome
And, you can start at any time or age! Never say never. . .
What do you think before a big event or race?